Dr. Neofitos Stefanides M.D. P.C
Neofitos Stefanides M.D. is board certified by the American Board of orthopedic surgeons and fellowship trained in sports medicine and shoulder reconstruction.
Neofitos Stefanides M.D. is board certified by the American Board of orthopedic surgeons and fellowship trained in sports medicine and shoulder reconstruction. Dr. Stefanides is an attending orthopedic surgeon at NYU Langone Manhattan and assistant clinical professor of orthopedic surgery at NYU Grossman School of Medicine. He was born and raised in the Long Island town of Garden City. He attained a bachelor’s degree from New York University and subsequently his medical degree from Tufts University School of Medicine in Boston. He completed his internship at St. Vincent’s hospital in Manhattan and his orthopedic surgery residency at New York Medical College Brooklyn and Queens Region. His specialty training was obtained in San Francisco with the world-famous Eugene Wolf M.D. and the prestigious James Kelly M.D. His specialty training was specific for arthroscopy of the shoulder and knee as well as shoulder reconstruction. Dr. Stefanides is fluent in English, Spanish, and Greek. He is very excited to join the TRI Physical Therapy Team.
Dr. Neofitos Stefanides M.D P.C
- Fellowship in Surgery of the Shoulder, and Knee California Pacific Medical Center & Saint Mary’s Medical center, San Francisco Eugene M. Wolf M.D., Director of fellowship, James Kelly M.D. August 2007-2008
- Orthopedic Surgery Resident New York Medical College Brooklyn and Queens Region Orthopedic surgery 2003-2007
- General Surgery Internship St. Vincent’s Hospital New York 2002-2003
Dr. Neofitos is very excited to join the TRI Physical Therapy team.
- Practice Name- Neofitos Stefanides M.D. P.C.(incorporation date 10/15/2008)
- Astoria Location – 30-74 31st St. 2nd fl. Astoria, New York 11102
- Bayside Location – 222-15 Northern Blvd Suite LA. Bayside, New York 11361
- Manhattan Location- 119 West 57 Street suite 717. New York, New York 10017
- Mount Sinai Hospital Queens – Effective 11/10/2008
- Wyckoff Heights Medical Center – Effective 11/01/2008
- Mercy Medical Center – Effective 01/31/2009
- NYU Langone – Effective 07/29/2021
- ABOS board certified 07/24/2018 through 12/31/2028
- Tufts University School of Medicine 2000-2002 MD degree 2002
- New York University 1993-1997 Bachelor of Arts 1997 College of Arts and Science
- Active Fellow AAOS American Academy of orthopedic surgeons (FAAOS)
- Active Member Arthroscopy Association of North America. (AANA)
- Active Member Hellenic Medical Society. Director of scholarship and membership committee
- Resident Liaison to the AAOS in Queens, NY
- New York Medical College Brooklyn and Queens Division
- Medical coverage of Bryant High School’s high school football team in New York, NY
- June 2006
- Completed AO Basic Fracture Course in Marco Island, Fla
- Fellowship with Ranawat Orthopaedic Research Foundation in New York, NY
- Studied polyethylene wear in 100 total hip replacement patients using digital radiographs
- Tutored at University College Dublin in Dublin, Ireland
- Taught basic sciences for classes and board exams
- Summer Fellowship at Elmhurst Hospital in Queens, NY
- Attended morning conferences and CCU rounds
- Observed angiograms
- Involved in translations
- Summer Fellowship at Coruzzi Laboratory in New York, NY
- Published work with an honorary mention
- Mapped 2 of 4 genes of the GS gene family, the product of which is the first enzyme responsible for nitrogen assimilation in plants
- Utilized various molecular techniques including Southerns, Northerns, PCR, DNA extraction, and probing
- Junior Class Representative on the Student Council at NYU in New York, NY
- Attended weekly meetings to discuss topics pertinent to CAS students
- Gathered information from students to improve classes and social events
- Fellowship at Einstein Hospital’s Melrose on Track in Bronx, NY
- Experienced various areas of the methadone clinic, including counseling, admitting, and primary care
- Castle Connolly Top doctor award 2021, 2022
- Boro Magazine #1 Orthopedic Surgeon in Queens 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018
- Vitals Patients’ Choice Award (2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009)
- Vitals Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009)
- Vitals On-Time Doctor Award (2018, 2014, 2009)
- Vitals Patients’ Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2020, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013)
- Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award – 5 Year Honoree (2020, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013)
- Stefanides, N., Goding, R.B., Tamborlane, J.: Use of Sugar Tong Splinting After Closed Reduction of Pediatric Distal Radius Fractures. Presented at New York State Society of Orthopedic Surgeons second annual convention at Hospital for Special Surgery. Poster Contest. First Prize. September 200
- Azar, G.A., Shaw, T.S., Stefanides, N.: A 29 Year Old Worker With a Hamate Disclocation and Triquetrial Fracture: A Case Report. Published. American Journal of Orthopedics June 2007.
- Stefanides, N.: Evaluation and Management of Shoulder Pain. Presented at SVCMC Family Practice grand rounds. December 2005.
- Stefanides, N: Medical Coverage of Athletic Events. Presented at SVCMC Family Practice grand rounds. October 2004.
- Stefanides, N: Acromioclavicular Joint dislocations. Presented at SVCMC Orthopedic Surgery grand rounds. June 2003.
- Stefanides, N: Buergers Disease Must be Included in the Differential of Lower Extremity Pain. Presented at St. Vincents Manhattan General Surgery grand rounds. April 2003.
- Oliveira, I.C., Coruzzi G.M. N. Stefanides honorary mention. Carbon and Amino Acids Reciprocally Modulate the expression of Glutamine Synthetase in Arabidopsis. Journal of Plant Physiology 1999.
- Drake Scholar at New York University 1993-1997
English, Greek, and Spanish.
Athletics, Chelsea Pier indoor soccer league (’02-’06), travel, furniture restoration, piano.