Pretty much any surgery you have requires rehabilitation steps for the best results in your recovery. This generally means some combination of rest and exercises to encourage healing, build strength and prevent further complications. After most surgeries, your tissue, muscle, ligament and cartilage can’t recover properly without targeted movement and stimulation.
Physical therapy is key to successful rehabilitation after surgery. Meeting with your physical therapist before your surgery can be a good idea as well, to begin communicating and establishing a program of recovery. We help you use the best techniques and technology to recover effectively and quickly. Overall, PT helps you get your body back in motion and:
- Regain full range of motion
- Overcome pain and discomfort
- Relearn proper techniques to complete your daily tasks
- Allow you to resume your exercise routine and sports participation
- Strengthen your muscles to ease pressure on your joints and bones
- Regrow tissue properly